Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 4 So appropriate for my mood, today.

It turns out Day Four is

List Five Things You Would Tell Your 16 Year Old Self

Ha ha. . .since i am feeling about 14 today. . .this is perfect.

1.  It is okay to like your own thing.  This goes for music, art, books, boys, friends and movies.  I was a follower, which is not bad, but it didn't really let me be me.  It took me several years into college before I really started forming original opinions about things.

2.  Take every opportunity to try something new.

3.  Keep trying even if it is hard.  I tend to not keep working at something if I don't see at least a glimmer of beginner's luck.  Even now.

4.  Be more involved with your siblings.  You will regret not being a better sister.

5.  Help your mom more.  Be nice to her.  You are not smarter than she is.  Seriously.


2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow. I wouldn't change a single one for me, especially the one about being a follower. I wish I hadn't cared so much about what I THOUGHT people would think about me, because the reality is that they didn't or that I would be the only one who would remembered. How many opportunities I wasted because of it...

Ashley said...

Dear Meg,

a. please keep writing on your blog. I love your writing! It makes me laugh!

b. your Hawaii email was the best thing ever! I carried it in my backpack and followed it religiously!

c. Kimos is my new love, and I dream of eating their fresh fish cooked in basil/butter/lemon sauce, and hula pie.

d. we should get together soon!